Monday 13 December 2010

Production: Beginning the Final Cut



Now that I have decided what clips I am going to use in my short film, I can start producing the 'final cut' of my film.

I noticed that a lot of my clips were still quite short and snappy, which was frustrating as I wanted the main action over which I would have my narration to be longer and to flow easily. Then I got the idea of having a few quick clips of Matthew, with the sound of his 'Leap Pad' over the top. A leap pad is a noisy toy that Matthew has on himnearly 24/7 so as a family we live with the constant noise of it. Due to his ADHD, he never lets it play one sound for very long so it often just omits short bursts of sound. These quick bursts of sounds paired well with the snappy clips of Matthew. In order to do this I had to extract the audio from some of the clips of Matthew playing with his Leap Pad in the car


Initially I started the film of a clip with Matthew being given his medicine. I thought that this would grab people's attention. However, Ms Casson suggested that I didn't use this clip frist, as it made him look ill. I then tried to pick clips that introduced Matthew's special needs gradually.
The video below shows the finished introduction to my short film


This video is much higher quality than my videos of my edited footage. This is because instead of choosing the option 'share for web streaming' I chose, 'full quality.' This has greatly improved the picture and sound quality of my footage.


I aim to get my final cut completely finished by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment