Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation- Question 3

What have you learned from your audience feedback?


The feedback I received in question 2 shows that the combination of my main product and my ancillary texts did work well together. The audience did feel intrigued by my poster, due to the combination of the tagline and the photo of Matthew and they also felt that once they had been prompted to watch the film due to the poster that any questions they had before watching the film were answered. Therefore, my film gave people any in depth insight into what living with a sibling with autism is really like, which was my main aim.




The audience feedback I received earlier in on in my project from my classmates, I learnt that it was important for the introduction of my short film to set the tone of my piece and for it to try and hint at the content of the film, before revealing it more explicitly (in the opening titles.) My classmates also said that my narration did not leave them with any unanswered questions, reiterating the point that my film was clear and gave an in depth account of my family's life, which satisfied my audience's curiosity. In my short film, I had just recorded a narration rather than shown use video diary style interviews to the camera which would have allowed the audience to see my facial expressions whilst I was talking. Before showing my classmates my short film, I was worried that it would seem less personal and my feelings would not be portrayed as well. However, my classmates felt that this was not the case and on reflection I think it fitted in with the conventions of an expository documentary more closely. Therefore I learnt that the narration was a powerful tool and that I could create the same meaning and set the same sort of tone just by using my voice. I also learnt that it was important to juxtaposition my narration with appropriate clips of Matthew, so that the audience were not too distracted by what was happening on screen and were focusing mainly on the content of my narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment