Friday 1 April 2011

Evaluation: Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My documentary was an example of an expository documentary, which aim to inform the audience about a place, event or in my case a person with which they are not familiar. Expository documentaries often form an argument and are not objective. My documentary fits in with all these conventions; it aims to inform my audience about living with a sibling with autism and I make my personal opinion clear at the end. Some of the short films I watched in my research, such as 'Roz & Joshua' were examples of expository documentary. The techniques I used as well, such as a voiceover narration which described the images and directly addressed the audience, fitted in with these conventions.







No comments:

Post a Comment