Friday 8 October 2010

Research: Distribution of short films

Unlike feature length films, short film do not get the same wide distribution in cinemas or on DVD. They mainly rely on the Internet in terms of gaining exposure. This could be a case of the director uploading their work to generic video sharing sites such as YouTube or it could be in the form of websites dedicated to showcasing short films. Examples I have found in my research included the Virgin Media Shorts competition website and the website for the Tres Court film festival in Paris. I have discovered other UK based short film festivals in My research such as the London Short Film Festival and the Edinburgh Short Film Festival, where my film could be showcased. Alternatively, my film could be distributed as a '3 Minute Wonder' on Channel 4 which are short documentaries shown by channel 4 before their prime time shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment